TOpics I speak on include...
Successful Leadership Starts from Within
Using my own experiences as a successful leader and executive and with thought-provoking research, I will illustrate for your audience how you can and why you should rewire your mind for success!
During this speech your audience will learn about the:
- Pull of Purpose and how when we connect with our purpose, we enable the powerful resources of our subconscious mind to motivate and energize our work. Participants will learn how to tap into their limbic brains to keep energy high even when times are tough.
- Push of Thought and how mental alignment is the springboard to productive action. Extraordinary leaders work diligently to be consistent in what they think, say, and do.
- Power of Beliefs and how our conscious thought and emotions are the fruit of the beliefs and assumptions that live deep in our subconscious.
The Four Questions Every Leader Should Ask
When I speak on the Four Questions, I will explore with your audience how successful people, teams, and organizations use four powerful questions to enhance their alignment, commitment, focus, and discipline to ultimately achieve their goals.
In this session your audience will learn about the following powerful questions:
- WHERE? Vague goals lead to vague results! Clarity around “where are we going?” is the vital first step in creating better results as an organization. Participants will learn how to work together as a team to answer this and the other three questions.
- WHY? The most powerful motivation is intrinsic, not extrinsic. Intrinsic motivation is all about meaning and purpose, not rewards and accolades. The inspiration and motivation that comes from knowing “why are we going where we are going?” is priceless and is the second powerful step to better results. During this presentation, participants will discover the keys to quickly creating a great “why?” for themselves and their team.
- HOW? Six elements necessary to create focused strategy that will answer the essential question: “how are we going to get to where we want to go?” Participants will learn the elements contained in every great business model / strategy and gain specific tools for building a compelling strategy.
- WHAT? Creating focus around “What are the most important things for us to do right now?” is the final key to improving your personal and company performance. The 80-20 rule teaches that 80% of our results comes from 20% of our effort. Participants will learn how to decide exactly where to focus their energy to reach optimal results.
Four Disciplines for Leadership Excellence
Great leaders achieve two times the profits and more than two times the ROI of average leaders. What is the difference between being an average leader and one that leads with excellence? They they use four key disciplines to deliver their best every day. You and your team will learn about each of the disciplines and how to put them to work in your life.
Reset Your Brain, Reset Your Potential
What we accomplish has more to do with what and how we think than our current situation. Many leaders sabotage themselves and their teams because of the way they choose to think and what they believe. In this talk, Brett will unfold the latest insights from neuroscience on how you can change what is possible by changing your mindsets, using your emotions effectively, and more.
Make Lasting Change… Get Good at Getting Better
All of us have things we need to get better at. Successful professionals understand that learning and adapting are essential if they are going to reach their goals. Yet research indicates that people who very committed to change have at best a 1 in 4 chance of making the change they want to make. Brett will share five steps to increasing your odds of making a desire change to better than 9 out of 10 times.
Turning Challenges into Real Opportunities
We all face challenges in life. How do we overcome them and turn them into opportunities? In 2014, Brett was CEO of a software company and was then diagnosed with Parkinson’s Disease. In this talk, Brett shares his personal experiences with the disease and how it's transformed how he thinks about circumstances and doing our best given our situation. The audience will leave with a toolkit to help them find the the opportunities in every challenge.
What Should You Expect When I Speak
Using a time-tested process, I will work with you to ensure you get the speech you need. Below are some of the key things I do to to design the event you need.
A personal phone consultation with me prior to your event to help me understand how I can best serve you and your audience.
- An announcement about your event on my blog and social media network if your event is open to the public and you want additional visibility for it.
- A professionally prepared, dynamically delivered presentation that helps you achieve your objectives with your audience.
- A custom resource page on my website that is exclusively available for your attendees. It will include the slides I used in the presentation, along with links to books, articles, and other resources I believe will be helpful.
- A quick follow-up phone call with you after the event, to make sure I met your expectations.