7 Questions for Creating a Purposeful Mission
From an early age, Warren Buffet was drawn to the world of investments – he had a clear sense of what his purpose was. Sam Walton’s strength was in his ability to see far beyond his one store in Bentonville. He once said, “Capital isn’t scarce; vision is.”
Most of us feel a deep desire to make a difference. This yearning is more than a desire to achieve status or wealth. It is a desire to do good, to be a part of a worthwhile cause. When our purpose calls from deep inside, when we are passionate about it, we find that our talents are well suited towards its accomplishment. Meaningful purpose creates energy for extraordinary achievement.
Do you wan to find your true mission, your purpose? Start by asking yourself and your team these 7 questions to create a purposeful mission:
- What do you love doing?
- What difference would you like to make in the world?
- What do you care deeply about?
- What are your specific skills, talents, strengths?
- What comes easy for you? What do others say you are good at?
- What purposes does your situation enable?
- What resources does your environment provide to aid you?