5 Big Ideas to Make Your Dreams Your Reality
I love this image because it highlights what so many of us believe. I recently read again James Allen's As a Man Thinketh. Here are five big ideas that emphasis the power of our minds to help us make our dream our reality.
- You are what you think. Your being or character is the sum of all your thoughts–your conscious and subconscious assumptions, beliefs, mental models, ideas, decisions, and plans. The Law of the Harvest applies to thoughts as well as seeds, your character being the plant that grows from the seed of your thoughts.
- Actions flow from thoughts, like day follows night. Every action, both premeditated and spontaneous, has its genesis in your thoughts. It may take time, but your thoughts will inevitably manifest themselves in actions–benevolent thoughts leading to charitable actions and groveling , codependent thoughts to unhealthy, subservient actions.
- Joy and sorrow are the inevitable result of thought and action. Bliss and happiness are not capriciously bestowed, they are but the final effect of your thoughts. If you are unhappy, look no further than your own thoughts and actions. And if you think your happiness is dependant on someone else, see the next idea.
- You are the master of yourself. You have absolute control of your bliss, no one can confer it on you or take it from you. You have agency to think what you will and thereby are in complete control of the peace and joy you experience. Take control of your thoughts, discover and eliminate your faulty beliefs, and fill your mind with all that is good. Self-mastery will enable your best self and offer all the fruits that being your best brings.
- Be the conscious master! Patient, persistently, and humbly search for and reflect on all that is true about your being and you will have true bliss. Actively engaging in your self-mastery is not easily, it will take lifetime of effort, but remember the truth “seek and you will find.”
Enjoy the journey!